THE HUNGER PROJECT
Take on 2013’s London 2 Brighton Challenge in support of The Hunger Project and ‘Do Something Great’ to end hunger and
poverty around the world.
The Hunger Project is
dedicated to the permanent eradication of hunger within some of the world’s
poorest communities where women, men and children are living on less than 80
pence a day.
Handing out food or money is not sustainable so The Hunger Project supports
and mobilises millions of women, men and children in 8,700 villages to end
their own hunger themselves.
We partner with millions of people to provide training, skills, know
how, equipment and most importantly a new motivation to take control of their
own lives. Watch this great video about our work
Why support The Hunger Project for the London 2 Brighton Challenge?
You are about to embark on a big event and whilst we are only a small
charity in the UK (two staff), London 2 Brighton is a key part of our
fundraising plan. You can rely on us to support you all the way to Brighton. We
even took the challenge in 2012 so know every nook and cranny of the course.
is important to us.
- Dedicated contact (Mark) to help you with fundraising, awareness training, and advice.
- Regular phone calls and texts to keep you motivated - you aren't a number!
- Plenty of encouragement, enthusiasm and support including regular e-newsletters.
- A fantastic Team Hunger t-shirt and support pack (we are working on the other bits!)
- Help (if you need it!) to set up your fundraising page or we'll do it for you.
- Training and fitness advice.
- Hunger Project training walks once a month.
- Individually tailored fundraising images to help you out.
- We are coming too! We will be at the start, middle and will be at the finish line to say thanks!
- Challenger Reunion Event for us to say thank you.
Enter as an individual or a team today! For any further information about taking part, view our London 2 Brighton Challenge pages or contact Mark on 07595 222354, email email@example.com
Watch the team as they take on 2012's event - view our 2012 event pictures.
What We Do
- Infrastructure - training, buildings, schools, health clinic, toilets, food storage facilities.
- Education - nursery schools and literacy programmes, meal programmes for kids.
- Health - antenatal, family planning, training and HIV Aids programmes.
- Agriculture - training, tools, land and access to pesticides and seeds.
- Water - safe water supplies and sanitation training in all our villages.
- Microfinance - the majority goes to rural women farmers who start businesses.