CANCER RESEARCH UK
Take the journey of a lifetime with Cancer Research UK by joining our team in the London 2 Brighton Challenge. You can help Cancer Research UK fund ground-breaking work into beating cancer, a disease that will sadly affect one in three of us.
How we can make this a walk in the park....
- We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure you have a truly memorable experience.
- We give you a t-shirt or vest to wear on the day – add our iron on letters to the front so that we can cheer you on.
- We send you a fundraising pack stuffed full of ideas to help you reach your fundraising target.
- We help you get ready for the 100km challenge with our training and race day advice.
- We send you family and friends cheering packs to support you on the day with all the goodies they need to make a real racket.
- We’re there to congratulate you after your challenge and thank you for the money you’ve raised.
How you will help us....
By supporting Cancer Research UK you will be helping us find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. Cancer Research UK is at the heart of cancer research, funding the work of more than 4,500 researchers, doctors and nurses throughout the UK.
Prevention – we are at the forefront of raising national awareness on the issue of cancer. Campaigns such as the Smokefree Workplaces campaign has helped to save an estimated 600 lives a year. By promoting a healthy and active lifestyle, we can help significantly reduce cancer rates in the UK.
Diagnosis – your money helps us to fund our three national screening programmes for bowel, breast cervical cancers. Screening for cancer aims to find cancers as early as possible - when the chance of cure is highest. Sometimes screening programmes can find changes that would lead to cancer if they were not treated.
Treatment – Cancer Research UK is at the heart of pioneering new clinical trials, aiming to find safe treatments with fewer side effects, to help patients feel better quicker. Our website CancerHelp UK also allows us to provide helpful information to cancer patients and their families, allowing them access to all the information and support they need.
We receive no government funding, so we need people like you to help us save lives. We can’t wait to welcome you on to the team.