25 - 26 May 2013
CHARITY PLACES ARE NOW FULLY ALLOCATED
JUST 100 EXTRA 'SELF-FUND' PLACES ARE NOW LEFT!
Open to individuals, teams of friends, sports clubs and corporate groups... Whether you’re a first timer seeking a new challenge, a walking enthusiast, an 'occasional' marathon runner, or a seasoned ultra marathon competitor - the London 2 Brighton Challenge is for you!
The London 2 Brighton Challenge is a fully supported challenge - click here to see what's included!
Starting in Richmond Upon Thames, the route heads south into the suburbs of London, then on through the heart of Surrey and Sussex, over the South Downs towards the finish line in Brighton. The route is 1/3 on roads and 2/3 off road on footpaths and bridleways - 100km and a total of 1,400 metres of ascent!
- 4 stage course - major rest stops every 25km, with check points every 12.5km .
- Fully signed route - route maps supplied and GPS downloads.
- Tented village at the start - aerobic warm up with tea, coffee & snacks.
- Food stops at 25km, 50km, 75km & at the finish (bring your own lunch at 25km)
- Drinks and energy snacks provided at 12.5km check points
It sounds relatively straight forward, but to walk 100km is a test of mental and physical strength. But, with good preparation, and a training plan which builds distance over time, the 100km is an achievable goal, no matter what your fitness and experience level is at the outset.
- Walkers are classed as those aiming to complete the challenge in 15 hours or more (33 hr max).
- Some will walk and jog parts of the route - others will take a more leisurely approach .
- Walkers will start in groups from 7am until 10.45am on the Saturday.
- More than 2,000 walkers will take on the 2013 challenge!
In 2013 1,000 runners will be taking on the London 2 Brighton Challenge as an ultra marathon run; all with target times of under 15 hours and starting between 5.0am - 7.0am on the Saturday.
- Tailored runners menus at rest stops .
- Extra energy powders and supplies for all runners.
- 2012' s fastest time was 11 hours 26 minutes - Abigail's record is there for the taking!
- We recommend that you have previously completed at least one standard marathon run.
- Last runners should cross the finish line at approximately 10.00 - 11.00 pm Saturday.
- Our 2012 runners awarded the challenge with 100% on 'Runner's World' - click here for reviews.
We're also pleased to announce that the London 2 Brighton Challenge is once again acting as a qualifying event for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc! To find out more information, please click here.
How to sign up to the challenge...
100 extra 'self-fund' places are now available:
All charity places have now been allocated, but you can still join the challenge – as 100 extra 'self-funding' places are now available to those wishing to fully pay their costs. Don’t miss out on the challenge, and join the event for £149 – you may even wish to fundraise alongside this for a charity of your choice, it’s down to you!
Click here to sign up today - limited places!
Charity Registration - this option for joining challenge is now closed
Sign up to the challenge and fundraise for any of our partner charities (logos at the foot of this website), or for any of the growing list of participating charities we work with. Click here for the full list of charities. If there's a charity you'd like to fundraise for and they're not listed on the website, just let them know about the challenge, and we'd be happy to support them!
Registration Fee Sponsorship Target
- Registration fee to sign up to the challenge
- 50% of the sponsorship target due 6 weeks prior to the challenge - 12th April '13
- The remaining 50% and any extra due to be paid to your charity 4 weeks after the challenge - 23rd June '13
Join as a individual...
If you want to tackle the challenge as a walk on your own you’ll be amongst many others, so don’t worry - and certainly, many seasoned runners prefer the ’solo’ option. As an ‘individual’ our team supports you all the way!
- Optional paced groups led by our own Pace Walker leaders.
- We encourage individuals to join together once you have set off.
- Join as an individual and create a team before the challenge via Facebook groups / training walks.
Find out more about taking part in the challenge as an individual by clicking here.
Join as a team...
The London 2 Brighton Challenge is perfect to take on as a team of friends, family, or colleagues - particularly as a walking challenge, but it’s fine for runners also - supporting each other en-route and training together before the big day.
Team captains will receive a team recruitment pack with marketing posters, flyers, and a log to help recruit your team.
Find out more about how you can join the challenge as part of a team.
"The biggest memory I will take away though (thankfully its not the pain as that memory has already faded) is the friendship of all the competitors/challengees."
- 2012 London 2 Brighton Challenger
Click here to find out how to join the challenge.